Establishing the maximum number of students accepted and admissions conditions for doctoral study programmes at the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, CZU Prague for the 2023/2024 academic year
1) Doctoral study programmes for which the admissions procedure is announced and maximum number of students accepted for the academic year 2023/2024:
Admission to study at DSP is governed by paragraphs 48 to 50 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on universities and on amending and supplementing other acts (Act on Universities), as amended (hereinafter “Act on Universities”) and Article 22 of the CZU Statute.
Standard period of study
Maximum number of accepted students
|Global Change Forestry||4||10||1|
|Aplikovaná geoinformatika a DPZ v lesnictví||4||5||1|
|Applied geoinformatics and remote sensing in forestry||4|
|Protipožární ochrana lesa, dřevěných materiálů a materiálů na bázi dřeva||4||5||1|
|Fire Protection of Forest, Timber and Wood-Based Materials||4|
|Ochrana lesů a myslivost||4||7||1|
|Forest Protection and Game Management||4|
|Zpracování dřeva a technika v lesním hospodářství||4||7||1|
|Wood Processing and Forest Machinery||4|
|Hospodářská úprava lesa||4||4||1|
|Ekonomika a management lesnictví a dřevařství||4||3||1|
|Economics and Management of Forestry and Wood Industry||4|
2) Admissions conditions for doctoral study programmes at the FFWS for the 2022/2023 academic year
a) Conditions for commencing admissions procedure:
- Submitting a properly completed application for study electronically at https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/ on the following dates:
- For programmes taught in English from 1 November 2022 to 20 March 2023,
- For programmes taught in Czech from 1 November 2022 to 8 June 2023.
- Submitting payment for the admissions fee to the amount of CZK 750 by the deadline established for submitting admission applications via bank transfer, on-line via bank card, or by paying at the CZU cashier.
- The application will be printed and ready to be signed by the applicant on the day of admission procedure.
- Within the above-mentioned deadline, the applicant must submit the following essential documents via electronic application at https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/:
- - Curriculum vitae.
- - Scan of signed certificate of previous university education. Applicants who have not received a diploma will submit a scan of the confirmation of studies in the last year of the master's study programme.
- - Scientific intent: a document (two A4 pages max.) in which the applicant specifies the field of scientific intent that they would like to pursue in their dissertation in the following structure: (I) expected title of dissertation thesis, (II) topicality of the researched issue, (III) planned methodological procedures, (IV) objectives of the dissertation thesis and the PhD studies, and (V) expected results.
In the case of not submitting some of these documents, the admissions process will be stopped.
b) Fee for studies in a foreign language:
In accordance with Section 58, paragraph 5 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll. on universities and Article 25 of the CZU Statute, students registered for programmes taught in a foreign language shall pay a fee for study in a foreign language for each commenced year of study. The fee is determined by the relevant Dean’s Regulation issued in accordance with the CZU Statute. The fee for the first year is payable by the date of enrolment. Enrolment shall not be completed without payment of this fee.
c) Subject areas:
Subject areas for dissertations are available on the FLD website (www.fld.czu.cz) in the "Science and Research - PhD Studies" section under the individual fields of study. Applicants can also propose their own topics.
d) Entrance examinations:
Entrance examinations shall take place:
- For programmes taught in English: Thursday, 6 April 2023,
- For programmes taught in Czech: Thursday, 22 June 2023.
Examinations shall be conducted in the form of interviews in English and scientific discourse before the admissions committee. An assessment of the applicant's potential for independent scientific and research activities and their knowledge of the field for which the applicant is applying shall be based on a discussion of the applicant's own creative work. The following points will be assessed: (I) quality of the presented scientific intent, (II) applicant’s potential, (III) applicant’s speaking qualities at the interview, (IV) publication potential of the topic, (V) publication potential of the applicant.
The applicant can receive a maximum of 40 points. Applicants shall be invited to participate in the entrance examinations through the electronic information system https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/.
The email address the applicant has provided in the admissions application shall also be used for communication with the applicant throughout the admissions process.
Applicants shall be informed of their acceptance or non-acceptance within 30 days of completing the entrance examinations in accordance with the CZU Statute and with Section 50, paragraph 4 of Act on Universities via electronic or written form sent to the address listed in the application.
The applicant can see the admissions application protocol:
- For programmes taught in English: 9 May 2023, from 10:00 to 12:00 a.m., S&R Department, room L123 (FLD main building),
- For programmes taught in Czech: 27 July 2023, from 10:00 to 12:00 a.m., S&R Department, room L123 (FLD main building).
e) Conditions for acceptance to study programmes:
- - Successful completion of the entrance examinations; applicant must receive a minimum of 25 points for scientific discourse before the committee.
- - Submission of the original or notarised copy of proof of completion of a Master's Degree programme (diploma). In the case of graduating abroad, education must be recognized in the Czech Republic (decision on nostrification must be submitted), or a decision on the recognition of previous education must be issued as part of its assessment at CZU during the admission procedure to the relevant master's programme (internal evaluation).
f) Enrolment for study:
Applicants who successfully complete the entrance examination shall be invited via the electronic information system https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/ to enrol in studies, where fulfilling the conditions stated in Section 48, Paragraph 3 of Act on Universities will be checked. The deadline for applicant enrolment listed in the information system is binding. Applicants can request an alternate deadline for enrolment due to serious reasons within five days at the latest following the deadline for which the applicant was invited. The FLD Dean shall make the decision on properly submitted and justified requests for alternate deadlines.
The deadline for applicant enrolment listed in the information system is binding. Applicants can request an alternate deadline for enrolment due to serious reasons within five days at the latest following the deadline for which the applicant was invited. The FFWS Dean shall make the decision on properly submitted and justified requests for alternate deadlines.
g) Contact information:
Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze
Fakulta lesnická a dřevařská
Oddělení vědy a výzkumu
165 00 Praha - Suchdol
Account number: 500022222/0800
Variable symbol: 4375000118
Specific symbol: the number of the electronic application
h) Additional admission procedure:
By no means it is possible to waive the entrance examination. If, for serious reasons, the candidate cannot attend the admissions procedure personally in due time, he/she can take the entrance exam in electronic form. The deadline and procedure for taking the admission exam in electronic form will be announced to the applicant by e-mail sent to the e-mail address given on the application form. The applicant requests to be allowed to take the entrance exam in electronic form via e-mail sent no later than 14 days before the date of the entrance exam to firstname.lastname@example.org. In exceptional cases, the FLD Dean decides if the entrance exam can be done in electronic form.
If the established number of accepted students is not fulfilled, the FLD Dean may decide to extend the deadline for accepting applications for all or select programmes for which the admission procedure has been announced. This deadline shall be set by 31/08/2023 at the latest.
If the deadline for submitting an application is extended, entrance examinations for applicants who submit an application after 20/03/2023 for programmes taught in English and after 08/06/2023 for programmes taught in Czech shall take place on 14/09/2023. Other possible deadlines can be determined for both programmes taught in English and Czech. The deadline for enrolment in the study for these applicants shall be established by the FLD Dean by 22/09/2023 at the latest. This does not affect the dates of entrance exams and enrolment in the study of applicants who submit their application by 20/03/2023, or 08/06/2023.
Prague, 31 October 2022
prof. Ing. Róbert Marušák, PhD.
FFWS CZU Dean
Admission of students from risk countries to critical study programmes will take place in accordance with EU and Czech regulations and the FLD Dean’s Regulation as amended.