1) In accordance with section 3 h) of the Dean's Regulation No. 1 /2019 „Establishing the maximum number of students accepted and the admission conditions for doctoral study programmes/fields of study at the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague for the 2019/2020 academic year“ I extend the deadline for submitting applications to study the following doctoral programs:
|Study programmes||Standard time of study||Maximum number of accepted students|
|Full-time form||Combined form|
|Global Change Forestry||4||2||2|
|Aplikovaná geoinformatika a DPZ v lesnictví||4||4||2|
|Applied geoinformatics and remote sensing in forestry||4|
|Protipožární ochrana lesa, dřevěných materiálů a materiálů na bázi dřeva||4||3||2|
|Fire Protection of Forest, Timber and Wood-Based Materials||4|
|Zpracování dřeva a technika v lesním hospodářství||4||1||0|
|Wood Processing and Forest Machinery||4|
2) Admissions conditions for doctoral study programmes / fields of study at the FFWS for the 2019/2020 academic year
a) Conditions for commencing the admissions procedure:
- Submitting a properly completed application for study electronically at https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/ until 5 September 2019.
- Submitting payment for the admissions fee to the amount of CZK 500 by the deadline established for submitting admission applications via bank transfer, on-line via credit or debit card (in which case it is not necessary to submit proof of payment) or by paying at the CULS cashier.
- The application will be printed and ready to be signed by the applicant on the day of admission procedure.
- Also, until 5 September 2019 the applicant must submit electronically at https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en the following essential documents:
- Curriculum vitae.
- A copy of proof of previous university education (diploma). Applicants currently enrolled on a 2019 Master’s study programme that have not received a diploma by the date of submission of the application shall send a signed original of their transcript of completed examinations in their Master's study programme.
- Scientific intent: a document (two A4 pages max.) in which the applicant specifies the field of scientific intent that they would like to pursue in their dissertation in the following structure: (I) expected title of dissertation thesis, (II) topicality of the researched issue, (III) planned methodological procedures, (IV) objectives of the dissertation thesis and the doctoral studies, and (V) expected results.
- In the case of not submitting some of these documents the admissions process will be stopped.
b) Fee for studies in foreign language:
In accordance with Section 58, paragraph 5 of Act No. 111/1998 Coll. on universities and Article 25 of the CULS Statute, students registered for degree programmes in fields of study taught in a foreign language shall pay a fee for study in a foreign language for each commenced year of study. The fees are established by the CULS Statute for each individual field of study. The fee for the first year is payable by the date of enrolment. Enrolment shall not be completed without payment of this fee.
c) Subject areas:
Subject areas for dissertations are available on the FFWS website (www.fld.czu.cz) in the "Doctoral Studies" section under the individual fields of study. Applicants can also propose their own topics.
d) Entrance examinations:
Entrance examinations shall take place on September 19, 2019. Examinations shall be conducted in the form of interviews in English and scientific discourse before the admissions committee. An assessment of the applicant's potential for independent scientific and research activities and their knowledge of the field for which the applicant is applying shall be based on a discussion of the applicant's own creative work. The following points will be assessed: (i) the quality of the presented scientific intent, (ii) the applicant’s potential, (iii) the applicant’s speaking qualities at the interview, (iv) potential of the topic, (v) publication potential of the topic and the applicant.
The applicant can receive a maximum of 40 points. Applicants shall be invited to participate in the entrance examinations through the electronic information system https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en
The email address the applicant has provided in the admissions application shall also be used for communication with the applicant throughout the admissions process.
Applicants shall be informed of their acceptance or non-acceptance within 30 days of completing the entrance examinations in accordance with the CULS Statute and with Section 50, paragraph 4 of Act on universities via electronic or written form sent to the address listed in the application.
If, for serious reasons, the candidate cannot attend the admissions procedure personally in due time, he / she can take the entrance exam in electronic form. The deadline and procedure for taking the admission exam in electronic form will be announced to the applicant by e-mail sent to the e-mail address given on the application form. The applicant requests the dean of the faculty to be allowed to take the entrance exam via e-mail to email@example.com by 12 September 2019. In exceptional cases, the FFWS Dean decides if the entrance exam can be done in electronic form.
e) Conditions for acceptance to study programmes:
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations; applicant must receive a minimum of 25 points for scientific discourse before the committee.
- Submission of the original or notarised copy of proof of completion of a Master's Degree programme (diploma). In the case of graduating abroad, education must be recognized in the Czech Republic – decision on nostrification must be submitted.
f) Enrolment for study:
Applicants who successfully complete the entrance examination shall be invited via the electronic information system https://is.czu.cz/prihlaska/?lang=en to enrol in studies, where fulfilling the conditions stated in Section 48, paragraph 3 of Act on universities will be checked. The deadline for applicant enrolment listed in the information system is binding. Applicants can request an alternate deadline for enrolment due to serious reasons within five days at the latest following the deadline for which the applicant was invited. The FFWS Dean shall make the decision on properly submitted and justified requests for alternate deadlines.
g) Contact information:
Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze
Fakulta lesnická a dřevařská
Oddělení vědy a výzkumu
165 00 Praha 6 - Suchdol
Account number: 500022222/0800
Variable symbol: 4375000118
Specific symbol: the number of the electronic application