All the students who have been enrolled are asked to thoroughly read the following items of information including links to information systems.
Finding the password for access to the CZU Study Information System
After enrolling in the study, each student is given the possibility of accessing the Student Information System (UIS) roughly within a week. At the same time, both the login (login name) and the password for the access to the UIS are generated.
- each participant is asked to find this login and password in e-application
- subsequently, it is possible to log in to the UIS,
- upon the first registration to the UIS after enrolment in the study, the student will be asked to confirm that he/she was informed about the processing of personal data of the student by law for legal reasons and to grant consent or disagreement with further processing of personal data, necessary for example for issuing the ISIC card, data transfer to the refectory to get discounts on meals, and for other reasons,
- applicants change their passwords in line with the following rules:
- The minimum password length is 12 characters.
- The maximum password length is 16 characters.
- The minimum number of lower case letters is 1.
- The minimum number of capital letters is 1.
- The minimum number of letters is 5.
- The minimum number of digits is 1.
- The minimum number of non-letter characters is 2.
- on the following day, the new password can also be used in other CZU information systems.
The student card:
- The student card is a basic identification card of a CZU student.
- It serves as proof of identity. Students use their cards for proving their identity at examinations, in the CZU library, at the student cash desk, and in many other cases. The teacher or any authorized person can ask students for proving their identity either by presenting their student cards, identity cards or passports provided the students are foreigners.
- The chip card contains an electronic wallet necessary, for example, for the payment of meals in the refectory and contract shops; the chip card for students of full-time programs includes the ISIC license.
- The student non-chip card is only used to prove identity at the examination.
- The card is available at the card centre in the CZU Library.
- Details are published both on the Library website here and can be also found on the CZU OIKT website here.
Enrolment in the schedule of the winter semester:
- The enrolment in the schedule will take place from September 20 to 26, 2021. Students will be informed about the exact timing of the commencement of enrolment about a week in advance.
- The enrolment will take place via the UIS.
- Students enrol the date of those subjects the enrolment of which was decided about by the teacher; the schedule of most of the subjects of the first year of study is fixed.
The commencement of teaching:
- Teaching in the academic year will start on Tuesday, September 27, 2021 (full-time study) and on October 15, 2021 (combined study) in line with the schedule.
- Both lectures and tutorials are obligatory (exceptions will be specified by the teacher).
- Students are obliged to comply with the BOZP rules (training will take place within the framework of the subject “Introduction to Study”).
- Symbols of lecture halls and tutorial rooms can be found on the Faculty website in the section of information for students. L – the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences; DP – the Pavilion of Wood Sciences; HT – the Hi-Tech Pavilion of the FFWS; Z, D – the Faculty of Environmental Studies; A – the Faculty of Agrobiology, Food and Natural Resources; E, D – the Faculty of Economics and Management; M – the Faculty of Engineering. Teaching can also include practical training – meeting places will be specified by the teacher.
The assessment of the fulfilment of study requirements in the first year of study:
- After finishing the examination period of the winter semester, the students of the first year of study are obliged to fulfil at least 10 credits from the subjects of the winter semester.
- The assessment will take place in the first week of the summer semester.
- If the student does not fulfil the above condition, his/her study will be terminated.
Conditions for the advancement to the second year of study
- Conditions are set by the Study and Examination Rules of the CZU for the study in Bachelor and Master Study Programmes.
- Students are obliged to fulfil at least 50 credits from the subjects of the first year of study as well as the other conditions of the Study and Examination Code.
The submission of applications, selection of subjects:
- details will be published on www.fld.czu.cz in the section Study /Study Documents,
- decisions are in line with the Study and Examination Code of the CZU,
- applications for individual study plans as well as the applications for the acknowledgement of examinations from the previous study at university are usually submitted during the first two weeks of the semester,
- the selection of subjects for the summer semester of the first year of study (only study program “Forestry Engineering”) will take place from October 25 to 30, 2021 (the first round) and from November 8 to 14, 2021 (the second round).
Important information systems of the CZU:
1) The University Information System UIS:
- teaching schedules including enrolment in the schedules,
- the selection and enrolment of optional subjects,
- applications for examinations and results of examinations,
- the selection and assignment of a Bachelor thesis or a Diploma thesis,
- final state examinations,
- information about subjects,
- decisions that can be delivered electronically (document storage),
- the print of the confirmation and overview of marks,
- password setting for all information systems of the CZU,
- all students are asked to register the bank account number in the UIS.
2) Student e-mail:
There is an email address for each student the checking of which is obligatory. It enables the forwarding of received messages to another email; it is a primary email address the format of which is firstname.lastname@example.org for messages (notices) sent by the CZU.
3) Information system Moodle:
- teachers use it for the creation of study materials for individual subjects; they always give students all details,
- the system enables on-line examinations.
4) Faculty websites:
Section require regular attention: “Study”
- the Official Notice Board of the FFWS including the substitute delivery of decisions that could not be delivered in a standard way,
- regulations, directives, instructions, information related to currently ongoing activities (matriculation, enrolments in the second/third year of study, assessment after the first semester of study, the selection of optional subjects, practical training, final state examinations, graduation ceremonies, the acknowledgement of examinations that have already been passed, the application for an individual study plan and other important activities),
- application and confirmation forms
- study plans for individual programmes, fields of study, specializations,
- teaching schedules and classroom plans,
- scholarships – all students are asked to register the bank account number in the UIS,
- study fees,
- and much more information will be found in the section “Study” / Information for students and Study / Study Documents,
- admission procedures,
- the Study Department of the FFWS, official hours and their up-to-date changes. The Study Department is to be informed about all important changes (permanent residence/contact address changes, the stay outside these addresses longer than one month, the change of a name, the change of a telephone number and similar items of information),
- the FFWS websites enable students to find contact data of the employees of the CZU.
5) University websites (comprising both the CZU and the other parts of the CZU)
- The Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague
- The Dormitory and the Refectory
- The Library of the CZU (borrowing textbooks, research service, issuing student cards,…
6) Information related to the student card:
- complete information about card types, the possibilities of using the card and ways of acquiring it.
7) Application for the dormitory
The application for the dormitory can be submitted by the student who enrolled in the first year of full-time study or by the applicant admitted to study by August 15, 2021, at the latest. The dates for the second/third year of study terminate before the above date.
8) Accommodation in the dormitory:
It offers the details related to the accommodation in dormitory, accommodation scenario, the price list and further information about the dormitory and the refectory of the CZU
9) Social networks of the FFWS
The Study and Examination Code of the CZU:
The Study and Examination Code of the CZU represents an important provision regulating the course of study both in Bachelor and Master study programmes.
It can be found on the website of the FFWS.
The CZU refectory:
The payment of lunches and dinners by the Student Card requires recharging credit for an electronic wallet in recharging machines located on the campus of the CZU. There is a partial subsidy for student meals.
IČO ČZU: 60460709
Helpdesk ČZU: 224 384 444, email@example.com