This introductory course work aims to make the participants familiar with Galaxy web platform through introducing some basic bioinformatics workflows used for RNA-seq data analysis; Create own customized bioinformatic pipelines in Galaxy will also be taught in the course.
Introduction to Galaxy: a step towards cutting-edge research
3rd May, 2019, FFWS, CULS, Prague.
Proposed course contents with the putative time schedule:
Introductory session: 9:00 am – 10:15 am
- ELIXIR for Czech researchers.
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of Galaxy and its facilities.
- Creating accounts and personal workspace
Coffee break: 10:15 am – 10:30 am
Before lunch session: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Learn how to obtain data from external sources.
- Learn how to run tools.
- Learn how histories work.
- Learn how to create a workflow.
- Learn how to share your work.
- Learn how to install the necessary software.
After lunch session: 1:45 pm - 5:00 pm (Coffee break 3.15 pm – 3.35 pm)
- Introduction to bioinformatic workflows (basic RNAseq).
- Necessary contacts for support.
- Joining to support forum for Galaxy.
Closing ceremony (5:30 pm- 6:00 pm)
* CULS participants mail to Dr. Roy for book the place before 30th April.
* Participants need to bring their own laptops for the course.
* Please note, we are not providing lunch.